- June 10, 2007, 10:00 AM PDT, Sunday
Saturday was a quiet day in the hospital. Mary and Molly spent time together while Kevin and the boys snagged some pool time with Aunt Boom. Colin and Aiden have high range squirt guns that everyone enjoyed. Laundry was washed dried and folded. It is the little things that make us feel grounded these days. Uncle Cris and Aunt Pat invited the gathered clan for dinner Saturday night. Hot dogs, lemon chicken, corn on the cob, "butterfly noodles", and fruit shortcake. It was delicious. The great challenge of the evening was keeping six 5-and-under boys out of Cris and Pat's beautiful new fountain and pool. It was sooo inviting!
Guests of honor, Grandma and Grandpa (Bedbug, Lawnmower,.......), were fashionably late and eagerly welcomed. They stayed at Boom's for the night.
First phone call this morning we learned that transport would be today between 11:00 and 1:00 mid day, today and that surgery would be on Tuesday. Ten minutes later, transport was postponed because there is still no bed at Stanford. All of this makes accurate and timely updates iffy. I have discovered that updates can be uploaded from inside of my car if I park close enough to the coffee shop.
Just got a call from Mary. Molly is still doing well but will receive a transfusion before being transported. Her hematocrit is low and they want to get that up. She is going to have a bath and get sweet smelling for the docs and nurses at Stanford. Molly loves her bath. She calms and lovingly remembers her other life as a fish.
- Third phone call: Transport will be at 2:00 PM today. Stanford will come and get Molly (and Mary?) and take her (them?) to Stanford. Stay tuned!
- Noon update: Molly and Mary are traveling by land transport provided by Sutter at 2ish PM, today. Molly is off the oxygen!
- They are off! Molly and Mary left Sutter Memorial about 30 minutes ago (Sunday, June 10, 2007, 3:00 PM PDT). She is traveling in style in "space age transport". Check it out. The drive is about 2+ hours. Mary is traveling with her, breast pump in tow. Check out the photos.
Surgery is scheduled for Tuesday...time unknown.
Matt graciously provided a technical translation of Molly's problem and the surgical procedure. Also, he gave us a Stanford website dealing with congenital heart defects.
Click here to become an expert!
- We are sending our love and our prays your way. Lucy, and all of us,has been very concern about Molly. She is also worried about how Noah and Nickalous are handling this? Tori seems to think/feel Molly will be fine in a few more days. That is Tori for ya, always thinking postitive.
We are home. If you need us.
Val, Lucy, Tori, and Bill.
- Hey, Dianne! I just got the news on Friday and have been following Molly's progress since. Wow! It sounds as if she's in good hands on her ride to Stanford. Kathy, Wendy, Liz, Cheryl and the entire Laurel crewl send happy thoughts to Molly, Kevin, Mary, you and all the family.
Love and hugs,
I hope you get better soon. I'll do my best to take care of your big brothers for you, OK? Tell your mom, in baby language, to tell the doctors, in grown up language, to not put any wires on you so you can bust outta that joint! I can't wait to meet you!