- June 08, 2007 at 11:49 AM PDT (Friday)
Isn't that the cutest toe you have ever seen? Peter calls it her ET toe. It is monitoring her oxygen saturation, which, for the bragging benefit of the all the grandparents, aunts, and uncles, is running around 100. The other picture is of Molly, wired for sound. She is a true techie, hooked up to 9 or 10 computers at once. I bet none of you can beat that!
Hospital Transport for Big Brothers (No, Janet and Mike, not for grandparents!)
- Good News! Molly is off the breathing tube, has taken 2 ounces of pedialite in a bottle, and is being held by Kevin and Mary. I walked in and saw her empty bed and nearly passed out. Mary has been given the go ahead to nurse as Molly demands. Gramma Dianne let loose with tears when Molly gave out a healthy wail. What a wonderful sound!
Looking good! Notice the blue belly button (oxygen saturation monitor).
Isn't she beautiful!
The surgery schedule is still up in the air. We thought she was on for Monday. That seems to have been pushed back a day or so.
So, in the meantime, we are happily taking up all offers of beds and are so grateful for all the love and support. We will be in Sacramento until Molly is transported to Stanford. We will caravan down to Palo Alto and will possibly set up housekeeping in the Ronald McDonald house that is 10 minutes from the hospital. We will be found tending Molly or entertaining two big brothers. That seems like work enough for retirement.
Mike and Janet will be arriving on Saturday with comments to spice up this page. Woo Hoo!
Remember to use the form above to send jokes or comments. We are one of the livliest rooms in the hospital and we don't want to let the staff down.
- I have been thinking about you and your family -- and especially Molly -- since I read your email earlier today. I hold you all in my heart. I am hoping for the best.
- Dianne, thank you for sending this news. I am so glad she is doing better,
and that you are there - for you and for your kids too. You have been in my
thoughts a lot, and will continue to be so.
- Just read your e-mail and web page. My thoughts, best wishes and positive thoughts are with you and family!!! Yes, Stanford is thought to be excellent!!! Molly is in good hands. The stress must be great--thinking of you. Barb
- Hey fan club of Miss Molly - count us in on the cheering section!!!!!!! We all have faith that this little angel will continue to fight her mighty battle - she is a warrior locked in a tiny body!!!!! See you all soon! Loves and hugs to Noah and Nicholaus, Mom, and Dad, and of course, Miss Molly!!! Love, Connie and Jim
- A first grade school teacher in Virginia had twenty-five students in her class. She presented each child in her classroom the first half of a well- known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb.It's hard to believe these were actually done by first graders. Their insight may surprise you. While reading, keep in mind that these are first-graders, 6-year-olds, because the last one is a classic!
1. Don't change horses.......until they stop running.
2. Strike while.....the bug is close.
3. It's always darkest before.....Daylight Saving Time.
4. Never underestimate the power of.....termites.
5. You can lead a horse to water but......How?
6. Don't bite the hand that.....looks dirty.
7. No news is .....impossible
8. A miss is as good as a......Mr.
9. You can't teach an old dog new .......Math
10. If you lie down with dogs, you'll.....stink in the morning.
11. Love all, trust.....Me.
12. The pen is mightier than the.....pigs.
13. An idle mind is.....the best way to relax.
14. Where there's smoke there's.....pollution.
15. Happy the bride who.....gets all the presents.
16. A penny saved is.....not much.
17. Two's company, three's......the Musketeers.
18. Don't put off till tomorrow what.....you put on to go to bed.
19. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and......You have to blow your nose.
20. There are none so blind as......Stevie Wonder.
21. Children should be seen and not .....spanked or grounded.
22. If at first you don't succeed.......get new batteries.
23. You get out of something only what you.......See in the picture on the box
24. When the blind lead the blind.......get out of the way.
25. A bird in the hand......is going to poop on you.And the WINNER and last one!
26. Better late than.......Pregnant
We love you Molly & Family,......Love, Lisa & Pat